Collection and Use of PII
Our primary goals in collecting information are to provide and improve our Services, to administer your use of the Services (including your Account, if you are an Account holder), and to enable you to enjoy and easily navigate our Services.
Here are some examples of the types of PII we may collect and how we may use it.
HOW WE COLLECT AND USE INFORMATION
- When you register we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, type of business, the products and services that the account holder is interested in, and credit card information (“Personally Identifiable Information” or “PII”). From time to time, PUFFCUFF, LLC may also present opportunities for consumers or PUFFCUFF, LLC account holders to voluntarily provide additional information about themselves. In addition, when you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system. Once an order is placed, and completed on our site, your email address is automatically added to our email list. You may unsubscribe/opt-out at any time.
HOW WE USE YOUR PII
- We also use PII to help us develop, deliver, and improve our Services; such as, to send the consumer or account holder information about PuffCuff, LLC events, products or services, complete the account holder’s order of products, identify to the consumer or account holder the location of PuffCuff, LLC offices, send the account holder information or newsletters about the availability of PuffCuff, LLC events, products or services, or compile information in response to PuffCuff, LLC surveys.
- PuffCuff, LLC will use consumer or account holder PII for its own order fulfillment, internal management, and planning purposes PuffCuff, LLC also will share consumer or account holder PII with third parties who supply or distribute the products or services offered at the PuffCuff, LLC websites.
- From time to time, we may use your PII to send important notices (including by email), such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime by unregistering at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We may also use PII for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve PuffCuff, LLC’s Services and customer communications.
- Consumer or account holder PII collected by us may be added to our databases and used for future marketing purposes. By using the PuffCuff, LLC websites, you agree that you may be contacted in any manner contemplated in this section even if your telephone number is found on a do not call registry, in-house list or similar registry.
- If you register for a PuffCuff, LLC event, you will be asked to register for a free ID and password and to provide information on event registration forms. Unique identifiers, such as IDs and passwords, are collected to verify your identity and for use as account numbers in our record system. Your contact information may also be used to contact you when necessary for customer service reasons. Financial information that is collected is used only to bill you for products and services that you specifically request. Your contact information may also be used to provide you with important rate updates.
- Active.com is our partner in the registration process for PuffCuff, LLC events. Active.com holds the same high standard in insuring the integrity of our users’ security and privacy. Please refer to Active’s Privacy Statement for details.
- Please note, however, that PuffCuff, LLC may change this Policy at any time, and that the PuffCuff, LLC may in the future use consumer or account holder PII for additional purposes not currently included in the current version of this Policy.
Collection and Use of Non-PII
We also collect non-PII − data in a form that does not permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-PII for any purpose. We may collect information such as occupation, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, location, and the time zone where the Services are used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our Services.
If we do combine non-PII with PII the combined information will be treated as PII for as long as it remains combined.
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
HOW DO I WITHDRAW MY CONSENT?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at any time, by contacting us at email@example.com, texting STOP, or mailing us at:
869 Pickens Industrial Drive #5
Marietta, GA 30062
United States of America
DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES
At times PuffCuff, LLC may make certain PII available to strategic partners that work with PuffCuff, LLC to provide products and services, or that help PuffCuff, LLC market to customers. For example, when you make a purchase through the website, you authorize PuffCuff, LLC and its third party payment processor to exchange the payment information you provide to us to carry out your purchase on the Services. PII will only be shared by PuffCuff, LLC to provide or improve our Services; it will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us. PuffCuff, LLC shares PII with companies who provide services such as hosting, information processing, extending credit, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys.
Certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
For more insight, please review Shopify’s Terms of Service here and Privacy Statement here.
It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for PuffCuff, LLC to disclose your PII. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
We may also disclose customer information or PII in order to: (1) comply with applicable laws (including, without limitation, the CAN-SPAM Act); (2) respond to governmental inquiries; (3) comply with valid legal process; (4) protect the rights or property of PuffCuff, LLC, including without limitation, filing copyright applications with the Library of Congress, Copyright Office, or (5) protect the health and personal safety of any individual.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization, liquidation, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all PII we collect to the relevant third party.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements
Our registration forms provide the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from PuffCuff, LLC at the point where we request contact information about our new customers.
If you do not want to receive e-mail from us in the future, please let us know by writing to us at the address below.
If you supply us with your postal address on-line you may receive periodic mailings from us with information on new products and services or upcoming events. If you do not wish to receive such mailings, please let us know by writing to us at the address below. Please provide us with your exact name and address. We will be sure your name is removed from the list we share with other organizations.
PROTECTION OF PII
PuffCuff, LLC takes reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices — including administrative, technical, and physical measures — to safeguard your PII against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with an AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
“Perfect security,” however, does not exist on the Internet. Although your privacy is very important to us, due to the existing legal regulatory and security environment, we cannot fully ensure that your private communications and other personally identifiable information will not be disclosed to third parties.
When you use PuffCuff, LLC Site, or post on a chat room, or social networking service, the PII you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the PII you choose to submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address in a forum posting, that information is public. Please take care when using these features.
INTEGRITY AND RETENTION OF PII
ACCESS TO PII
For other PII, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to such PII so you can request that we correct or delete the PII we have about you. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. Access, correction, or deletion requests can be made by contacting PuffCuff, LLC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not knowingly collect PII from children under the age of majority in your state or province of residence. If we learn that we have collected the PII of a child under the age of majority in your state or province of residence, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
In some cases we collect and store information about where you are located, such as by converting your IP address into a rough geolocation. We may use location information to improve and personalize our Services for you.
OUR COMPANYWIDE COMMITMENT TO YOUR PRIVACY
We take reasonable measures to protect the information that we collect from or about you (including your PII) from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Please be aware, however, that no method of transmitting information over the Internet or storing information is completely secure. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of any information.
SMS/MMS MOBILE MESSAGING MARKETING PROGRAM
We respect your privacy. We will only use information you provide through the Program to transmit your mobile messages and respond to you, if necessary. This includes, but is not limited to, sharing information with platform providers, phone companies, and other vendors who assist us in the delivery of mobile messages. WE DO NOT SELL, RENT, LOAN, TRADE, LEASE, OR OTHERWISE TRANSFER FOR PROFIT ANY PHONE NUMBERS OR CUSTOMER INFORMATION COLLECTED THROUGH THE PROGRAM TO ANY THIRD PARTY. Nonetheless, We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or governmental request, to avoid liability, or to protect Our rights or property. When you complete forms online or otherwise provide Us information in connection with the Program, you agree to provide accurate, complete, and true information. You agree not to use a false or misleading name or a name that you are not authorized to use. If, in Our sole discretion, We believe that any such information is untrue, inaccurate, or incomplete, or you have opted into the Program for an ulterior purpose, We may refuse you access to the Program and pursue any appropriate legal remedies.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits Users of the Program that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of the information you provide through the Program to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at the following address:
869 Pickens Industrial Drive #5
Marietta, GA 30062
United States of America
Questions and Contact Information
If you feel that this site is not following its stated information policy, you may contact us at the address below or email below, or the state or local chapters of the Better Business Bureau, state or local consumer protection office.
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at email@example.com or by mail at
869 Pickens Industrial Drive #5
Marietta, GA 30062
United States of America
Last Updated: 15 July 2020